Thank you for your interest in Children's Learning Center (CLC)! Please come visit our Main Center at 905 S. Fourth St., DeKalb, Illinois, for a tour of our facilities.
To begin the enrollment process, please download, print, and complete a Child Care Inquiry Form: click here for ENGLISH or/o haga clic aquí para ESPAÑOL. You may bring your completed form to the Main Center or fax it to 815-756-3508. This form is also available at our Main Center office. New children are enrolled as space becomes available. If we cannot accommodate your child care needs, you will be placed on a waiting list.
ENROLLMENT & ORIENTATION
When space is available for your child, we will contact you to set an appointment to begin enrollment and orientation. At this time, the $40.00 non-refundable Registration Fee is due, and you will receive the CLC enrollment paperwork. A deposit, equal to one week's full-pay fee or co-payment, is also assessed upon enrollment. We accept cash, personal check, or money order only.
The following items, in addition to the CLC enrollment paperwork, are necessary for your child to attend CLC:
- Child's Certified Birth Certificate - must be imprinted with the official seal of the issuing county (not from the hospital).
- Certificate of Child Health form (click here for ENGLISH / haga clic aquí para ESPAÑOL) - must be completed and signed by your child's health care provider and dated within six months of enrollment OR acceptable for kindergarten enrollment. All portions must be complete, including
- Up-to-date immunizations,
- Completed Health History portion,
- TB Risk assessment OR test date and result, and
- Lead Risk assessment OR test date and result (for children younger than 7 years).
- 4-C Child Care Subsidy Forms - if applicable, contact Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C) for eligibility requirements and necessary documentation.
Prior to your child's first day, you and your child will visit your child's classroom together and meet with the head teacher. In general, children may begin attending two (2) business days after all paperwork is complete and visits have occurred. This ensures all required forms are submitted, complete, filed, and entered into our computer system. During this period, your child's teachers will prepare the classroom for your child's arrival.